Map a drive automatically when connecting to a wireless network

Reaction score
Folks-

Just looking for a bit of expertise here. I have an iMac running OS X 10.4.1 and use a windows pc as a server for all my documents/files/audio, ect. I share out the folder and make it accessible via the network, either connecting hard wire or wirelessly. Since my mac is on a different floor, it connects wirelessly. I have absolutely no trouble at all mounting the drive manually, but would like to do it automatically, what is the best way to do this? I have tried to add it in the System Preferences in the accounts section, but have a feeling that OS X is trying to mount the drive prior to the network being up. I also notice that when i click on network, it takes about 30 seconds for the mac to recognize the network devices/computers. Any ideas? I am not against running a script, but am unfamiliar on how to do this...

Thanks, Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.