Airport Security?

Reaction score
Hello!

Need some help here.

I recently found out why I couldn't connect to my High School's Apple Airport wireless router thing when I brought my laptop in to do some work.
It was some security issue. Now the problem is, I just visited my college and found out that my laptop is having the same problem. Apple Airport is not letting my PC connect while my macbook is connecting fine.

What should I do to fix this security issue?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Are you running Windows via Parallels by chance?

OP
E
Reaction score
I'm not.

Actually I have no problem with my macbook pro BUT my PC is having problems. It is saying Connected but it isnt connected. Someone told me it is because of the Airport's security or something. I just don't know how to get around it so I can use my PC laptop as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Hello!

Need some help here.

It was some security issue.

Thanks

Likely before someone answers your post you need to give answers to the above - What has a security issue and how do you know that?
More likely your Network settings need sorting.

OP
E
Reaction score
Likely before someone answers your post you need to give answers to the above - What has a security issue and how do you know that?
More likely your Network settings need sorting.

I'm being told by people that my laptop would have a security issue that needs to configured to suit the Airports.

How would I go about configuring my network settings to make it compatible to an apple airport?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
WiFi

Generally speaking apple laptops will log onto any WiFi and if it is locked a password is all that is needed. Once in a while you will come across a Network that is poorly set up and hard to get into. So are you trying to set up for your home Airport Network or set up for a school network of some variety. Also it helps to know if u are on Tiger or Leopard as there are slight differences in Network setting windows. You will see a number of threads here where WEP is used for passwords which can be a problem as it is old technology which essentially apple has left behind.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.