wireless network and console/portable gaming

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Intel iMac 20"
I feel like a total tool and a fool for asking, since I have a degree in telecommunications, but the wireless adapter is slaying my butt and cutting it in 2.

Here's my setup:
2 macs, 1 an intel 2.16ghz bought in 2007, and 1 iMac DV
Old D-link 802.11g wireless router DI-524 bought it in 2007

I can connect just fine wirelessly with my Nintendo DS and Wii.
The 360 detects my network, but it won't connect to it or live. I set everything to automatic. Don't need to configure PPoE because I'm not connected directly to the modem. I don't have it encrypted with WPA or WEP (Not necessary, since it has short range, and I'm out in the country. People would have to be in my yard to leech a signal - I just turn it off when I'm not using it - my neighbors are a good distance away from me). We also turn off the computers and router when we're not using them so spammers and hackers wouldn't get reliable connectivity.

I've gone through 2 used network adapters from Gamestop. The one I have now is new out of the box. Am I retarded, or doesn't the 360 wireless adapter work with an old D-link router? I'm thinking of maybe upgrading to 802.11n with airport express, but that might be overkill for me. Would an 802.11n work with it even?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.