Onscreen Metrics

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP
All,

First post from a middle-aged n00b, In the 3 weeks since getting my MBP I have learned loads but so much evades me.

todays request for help concerns showing system information such as drive contents and temperature onscreen as part of the wallpaper and not in a widget.

whilst surfing 4chan there was an amazing wallpaper showing drive information in a sort of pie chart and with other information as part of the picture. does anyone know where I can get this application as an hour of googling and a search through here has drawn a blank

TIA

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP
Thanks for the post, this is similar to MenuMetrics but a bit bigger and bolder.

There is a Windoze application called sysmetrix and I have tried iPulse but nothing matches the wallpaper I saw on 4chan. I have attached a small version to show you all what I mean.

Thanks

desktop.jpg

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Be aware that even though the screen looks like it could be a Mac, it may very well be a Windows or Linux box running an OS X style Dock (very popular). Also, since it's very difficult to run OS X without a menu bar, chances are this screen shot is exactly what I suspected.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.