System Preferences Crash; Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Hello

I'm very new to Mac computers (2 days), but immediately had a Snow Leopard beta shoved down my throat by an enthusiastic mac friend.
Now system preferences won't run in 32 bit mode, it offers to restart system preferences, but never launches again.

This is only for applications I have added that are under the "Other" section (I think everything else is 64 bit anyway), and only for the ones that used to be in 32 bit mode.

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Snow Leopard is not available yet.
The only versions out there are the Developer betas, which are not to be distributed or shared with non-developers.
Because of this, nobody here will be able to help you.

The best thing you could do is use your Restore/Install discs to take your computer back to it's normal, intended state and you'll be fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.13Ghz 160GB 10.6.4 (Buggy Version :() Snow Leopard
Yes, re-install to Leopard and then you can upgrade to the complete Snow Leopard in September.

OP
T
Reaction score
I agreed to install Snow Leopard because Leopard went fubar on me, and gave me a 3 second warning before rebooting every time I started it up.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Regardless, you shouldn't be using SL unless you are a registered developer. Have you tried reinstalling Leopard?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.