removing applications

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
DeskTop is a MacPro 2.8 Quad/22gig/900gig SSD/2x3Tb HD plus MBP 15" 2.66 Core I7 /8gig/1.5Tb SSD
Hi I'm finally switched to MBP and can not find anything on how to remove programs. Can it be as simple as dragging app. or program to the trash?? Does this remove all info related to program?:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Hi I'm finally switched to MBP and can not find anything on how to remove programs. Can it be as simple as dragging app. or program to the trash?? Does this remove all info related to program?:eek:
Yes, it is that simple.

Unlike other operating systems, installing apps on a Mac does not litter your HD with bits and pieces all over your system.
When you drag the app to the Trash and delete it...it's gone.
Some apps may use a preference file, but it is so small and won't affect anything else it won't matter if it's left behind.

I would suggest taking a look at the STICKY thread in the Switcher Hangout for more info.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sw...ums-switchers-faq-information.html#post301371

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
That thread linked to by D3v1L80Y is good and mentions the use of AppZapper to remove all traces of an application. If you want a free alternative to AppZapper though, give AppCleaner a try.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
+1 for AppCleaner, as a recent Windows/Linux convert, it's great to know that an application can be removed as easily as this and not have to worry about random registry entries and random bits of data that's takng up space for no real reason..

Regards

Reaction score
I'm looking for a piece of software that will work like Microsoft Money, but hopefully better. Something that will download and organize my financial information. I'm currently running OS X Leopard. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
I use Quicken for organizing my finances, and it's very similar to Microsoft Money.

Sean

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.