1/2 Norton-- 1/2 iTunes issue-- HELP

E

ellaym

EVERY single time i use itunes, and i quit the program my norton firewall pops up and says "port 3689 has closed, but your firewall allows connections to this port... do you want to change your firewall settings so connections to this port are denied?"

i have tried EVERY configuration i can think of (access ON, access OFF, etc.) i have also tried to elect the "do not show this warning again for this port" and it pops up EVERY time.

have i done something wrong or does the norton int sec just do this??

ANY help would be so appreciated.

dalehttp://www.mac-forums.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=28#

Reaction score
I take it that you are using Mac OSX otherwise the next question will not apply.

Have you turned the built in firewall off ? It's a good idea to do this as it can cause conflicts with other firewall software. :eek:

OP
E

ellaym

Mr Bobbins said:
I take it that you are using Mac OSX otherwise the next question will not apply.

Have you turned the built in firewall off ? It's a good idea to do this as it can cause conflicts with other firewall software. :eek:

thanks mr bobbins-- yes it is off. i may jus thave to live with this... and thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
does it have a noddy mode (ie makes assunmptions for you)
i know its different but zone alarm does

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
...why are you using Norton...Norton products are a no-no for Macs..besides, there is no need for another firewall since the built in OS X one has every port closed by default..Just open the ones you need, very simple, always works, never in the way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.