Snow leopard dvd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
I just pre ordered snow leopard from Amazon.com and I thought it had free shipping but I was charged $4.98 for shipping. So before I cancel the order I want to know if Apple is going to ship the dvd's for a total of 29.95 without a shipping charge. I can still cancel with Amazon but before I do I want to know if I can get it for $29.95 with free shipping from Apple or anywhere else.
Thanks for a reply

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
They did with Leopard when it was released. In fact, I'm waiting for Apple to offer its own pre-order. Last time I did this, I actually had Leopard on my door step at 11am the day it was released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
yea, I'm set up for the pre-order email notification too, looking forward to it actually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
On my $9.95 order that I placed with Apple in July I was only charged tax, no shipping. My total was $10.71.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just pre ordered snow leopard from Amazon.com and I thought it had free shipping but I was charged $4.98 for shipping. So before I cancel the order I want to know if Apple is going to ship the dvd's for a total of 29.95 without a shipping charge. I can still cancel with Amazon but before I do I want to know if I can get it for $29.95 with free shipping from Apple or anywhere else.

You must have done something wrong when you ordered from Amazon. I just did a pre-order from them and received free shipping. Cancel your order and go back and do it over. The free shipping is there - it's called "standard shipping". You must have chose something else.

As for ordering from Apple, whether or not they charge shipping doesn't matter because they are going to charge local sales tax. Amazon does not charge sales tax.

I can wait a few days longer from Amazon and not pay sales tax. :)

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I also pre-ordered from Amazon and was not charged for shipping. :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, thanks for all the replies and I know I must have done something wrong on the Amazon web site when ordering. I thought I saw free shipping when I ordered it. I will contact them today and cancel the old order and put in one with free shipping. Thanks again all.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just telephoned Amazon and they made the adjustment and knocked off the shipping and handling from my order. It's only for the $29.00 now. I must have made a mistake with my original order. Thanks again all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.6, i7, 8G Ram, OS X 10.10, iPhone 6 Plus
I have had my MBP for a week now. When this new version comes out, should I just upgrade or go ahead and wipe and do a clean install. If clean install gets the most votes, some simple instructions would be good. Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have had my MBP for a week now. When this new version comes out, should I just upgrade or go ahead and wipe and do a clean install. If clean install gets the most votes, some simple instructions would be good. Thanks

Hard to say since it hasn't been released yet. Prior to the release of Leopard, it was as simple as doing an in-place upgrade. Although that was possible with Leopard, most upgrade installations proved to be flaky.

Since Snow Leopard is really just an evolution of Leopard, a straight upgrade should be pretty simple. But I would wait to get the verdict of the community using the production version before we make an assumptions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.6, i7, 8G Ram, OS X 10.10, iPhone 6 Plus
Thanks for the quick reply, I will keep watching.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.