trying to format a 1TB Iomega drive for mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0ghz santa rosa
I got two 1TB drives from radio shack and can't get them to format to mac. Both were stuck saying something about a 4k block for more than an hour, I thought it was suppose to tell me how much time was remaining? After quitting disk utility on both drives each one says "the disk you inserted was not readable by this computer". Disk utility gives me an error when I try to format it again and an error when I try to repair or verify. I'm using disk warrior to rebuild it but that has went over night and is still stuck on step 1. So I have a few questions

1) how long should a format take with a 1TB drive?

2) how long should disk warrior take to rebuild a 1TB drive?

3) have I totally screwed up these drives?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
It shouldn't take long really, and assuming they are new, then I don't see what's wrong.
Diskwarrior shouldn't be necessary. Try erasing the drives in Disk Utility (from the install discs on your Mac< and then reformat (also from the discs)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.