MP4 player software

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
I need a MP4 player similar to Gom for Windows.

What i need is the ability to flip the video that i'm playing as some of the clips are upside down.

Anyone know of such a player?

Thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Assuming you have VLC installed in /Applications, try executing the following at the Terminal (the following is based off of the VLC wiki page here):
Code:
/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC --vout-filter=transform --transform-type=hflip /path/to/file
Replace /path/to/file with the path and name of the file. So, for example, if you had a file on your Desktop called example.mp4, execute the following:
Code:
/Applications/VLC.app/Contents/MacOS/VLC --vout-filter=transform --transform-type=hflip ~/Desktop/example.mp4
~ is shorthand for your home directory.

There may be an easier way through the UI but I have yet to find it. All of the explanations online do not work for VLC 1.0. My guess is that things have moved around or been removed.

This flipped a regular movie upside down for me so I'm guessing it will flip upside down movies for you to a regular orientation.

EDIT: Terminal.app can be found in /Applications/Utilities in case you didn't know.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the reply.

I'm hoping there is an easier way.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This can be done in Quicktime Pro.

Not free but not too expensive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.