alternative OS's

Reaction score
but you gotta love Linux - you have to admit its creative and very funny! :) too bad 'tween girls aren't really the target market for alternative operating systems ... lol

Reaction score
D*** Small Linux 2.0 is super small and can boot from a flash drive. Great for a netbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.53 Core Duo, 4GB DDR3, NVIDEA 9400 graphics.
If you're looking for a light distro, Minime is a great choice. The full-scale distro it's based off of is PCLinuxOS, which is a great way to get into Linux, especially for someone moving over from Wintendo. I've run that for 3 years on the lappy that my new Macbook is replacing and found it's hardware detection and setup to be the easiest of any Linux distro, at least on the laptop. I've also been running Ubuntu Hardy on the desktop. I tried Mepis, Mint, Sabayon, Mandriva, and eLive and kept going back to those two.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Workstation Airport Extreme ATV 2 Ipad
If you only look to linux flavours there are about 200 different flavours out there .
I knew some are just a fork of a other flavour
So I divide it in NIX OS and NON NIX OS
I keep my MAC BOX separate from my linux box.
The only connection I made is that can login in MAC BOX from my linux box.
But not in the GUI just in the terminal .
For my as a some one who is used to the command line not a problem as they a lot commands in common.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.