iTunes deleted my iPod!

N

n0r1

So, I've been using my iPod exclusively with my Linux machine before, with gtkpod. That's how I got all my music onto it and everything. This was my work computer at a job I've now left.

Yesterday, thinking to charge it up without having to plug it into the wall, I plugged my iPod into my new iBook. Without asking me, iTunes DELETED ALL MY MUSIC, and then put on the 10 songs I have on this computer. AAAA! Is this irreparable? Or do I have to somehow find access to my old work computer again, and try to transfer over the songs to my tiny iBook hard drive, and bit by bit re-load them on?

AAA!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
iTunes didn't just delete all of your music. It did what the default setting has been since the iPods were introduced. Unless you have autosync disabled on your iPod it will always look at the computer you plug into and make your iPod look identical to the library. You will have to get access to your old work computer to get the music back on your iPod but you dont need the music on your iBook. Just set music management to manual

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.