How Do I Disable a Video Card?

Reaction score
I have a Mac Pro Desktop with 2 video cards (running 10.5.8). The reason for this is I have two desks with two monitors on each desk. I want to be able to switch back and forth between video cards as I move between my two desks.

With the two video cards, I can actually power all four monitors but for some reason when I do this my mouse accelerator gets turned off and my mouse becomes slow and sluggish.

I figure there must be a way with software or the bios to disable each of the video cards as needed. I can do this in Windows in Device Manager but cannot figure out a way to do it on the Mac.

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Mac machines do not use a BIOS (EFI powered) so forget that. Unless the video card(s) you're using have software installed which allows turning off the card and other options, I don't know of a way to do it.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.