transfering iTunes purchases

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
Does anyone know how to transfer songs purchased on another computer to my new macbook pro? I thought that if I went back to the song and clicked buy it would recognize that i have bought it before but it doesn't. any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15 inch | 2.66Ghz | 320GB-HD | 4G-RAM | GeForce 9400M & 9600M GT with 512MB DDR3 SDRAM
You can authorize more than one computer to play your iTune purchases. Copy the songs to an external source and then connect the external source to your new computer. After copying to your new computer you will need to authorize the computer using iTunes. There probably is way to directly copy from old computer to new computer directly. Maybe "migration assistant"? Here is a link: Mac OS X 10.5 Help: Using Migration Assistant to transfer files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, White macbook, iMac
If you go to the iTunes store i think you can buy them again without the DRM.

I got a message from Apple saying it would only cost me £1. to do all mine.

Give it a try you never know.

Or get sinuti and copy all the songs from your ipod to Itunes

Reaction score
macgirl,

just did this last night. from pc to mbp. make sure Itunes is updated. also "Authorize Computer" in Itunes

1. open Itunes and make sure Itunes is not set up to auto-sync

2. plug-in ipod (that contains purchased songs) in new mbp

3. once ipod shows up in itunes, go to File-->Transfer Purchase from Ipod

voila!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.