Free backgammon game?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.13Ghz 160GB 10.6.4 (Buggy Version :() Snow Leopard
Is there a free backgammon game without needing X11 like that Gnu one? I'm not paying for one for such a simple game. It's ridiculous.

Thank you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only real decent Backgammon game is "Absolute Backgammon" but it is not freeware. You have to register. ($25.00)

There may be others but I haven't run across any so far. Lots of on line Backgammon games and players though - if you like playing that way.

You're probably going to have to spend some $$ for a decent game. I've found some nice board games for OS X sold at stores like Office Depot that were priced at around $19 to $20. You might give that a try.

Regards.

OP
god0fgod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.13Ghz 160GB 10.6.4 (Buggy Version :() Snow Leopard
It's not worth paying that for such a simple game. $25 is about £15 and I've bought new Playstation 2 games for less than that. Like I said, ridiculous!

Thank you anyway. There are at least some nice freeware games for OSX.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.