Random Question - Let them see!!

Reaction score
Hi Chaps

I wonder if you could help me. I have recently bought myself a mac and am using the eval version of Aperture 2.1.3. I have a number of photos from a recent wedding where people have their eyes closed.

As some of these photos are quite good I wondered what techniques you guys could recommend to help me open their eyes? I've been through Aperture (albeit as a noob) but cannot find any method, whether this be copy and pasting, simple painting or anything else to help.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

MM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Try and keep the people awake when you shoot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I simply wouldn't use them.
Photo retouching is fine for simple color correction, getting rid of blemishes and/or wrinkles, etc.... but if the eyes are closed, then they're closed.

Copying, pasting or painting eyes on a person with their eyes closed is almost never convincing and will likely make the photo even worse.

OP
M
Reaction score
Try and keep the people awake when you shoot!

That made me chuckle! ;D

Thanks for the advice. The only thing I will say is that "eye popping" seems to be a popular exercise with a lot of wedding photographers these days and I was just wondering how they did it.

Thanks.

Reaction score
eyepopping

I have used photoshop for this in the past. Basically copy that persons eyes from another photo. It's a real PITA though. Better to use some techniques to keep persons eyes open during the photo session. It really has to be an important shot to use PS

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.