A wireless iPod to defeat piracy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

A wireless iPod to defeat piracy? (outdated link removed)
September 24, 2003 - 07:42 EDT In his "Byte of the Apple" column for BusinessWeek today, Charles Haddad wonders what would happen if iPods went wireless. "Riddle me this: What would you get if you crossed a BlackBerry with an iPod? The answer: The future of the music business," writes Haddad. The concept behind this is called Everywhere Internet Audio (EIA), and it would allow an iPod to become a "wireless digital ladle," providing the user with a constant stream of digital music without the need for a storage device. Haddad also notes, "It's an ill-kept secret that Apple is trying to figure out how to add wireless Internet connectivity to the iPod."

My Comments: This is a pretty kewl concept.. I could definitely see it happening.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Yes, but it would have to be all saddle-ite ( :D ) because otherwise you couldn't take your iPod everywhere... and they would probly charge per listen. Which would be really gay. Unless they did like 20$ a month, pff screw that. I like this way better. Though a combo would be cool.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
No I don't think they are thinking that far ahead.. the first step is while you are around your wireless router or wifi then you would be able to connect through that connection to internet radio providers. And yes you are limited to where you could take your iPod to use the net radio, but otherwise it would be a normal iPod so you could still have preloaded mp3's etc to take with you... Internet Radio.. at this point.. is still free :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.