firefox, safari, mail all running slow

Reaction score
Have a brand new macbook pro, 2 months old

Ok, i know the obvious fix would be its your internet connection, but its not, i run a wireless n router and have not had any problems whatsoever for the 2 months ive had it.

I set a PC right next to my mac and the internet runs fast and smooth on it...

on my mac it is really choppy, one minute it goes fast, the next its slow, but it seems like Firefox and Safari are running slow themselfs... both programs will "freeze " for 15-30 seconds.... i have never experience any freezing since iv had the mac

this is my first mac as well and im not sure how to troubleshoot a whole lot

i have visited some no so trusted sites recently... im not sure if that has somethin to do with it

any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
Try it on a different internet connection.

Try directly plugging in to your modem/router.

If it is still really slow, I would bring it into the apple store and tell them what is up. They have some sort of software that they run that can check to see if something is wrong with their hardware. If there is something wrong, they will likely fix it free of charge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G4 15" Leopard 10.5 768MB RAM 80GB HD 1.33GHz, Acer Aspire 5515 Vista 3GB RAM 160GB HD 1.60 GHz
Just an idea, but you could do what I did when this happened to me. Clear out your browsing history, and get any extra crap (files you don't need/have saved somewhere else) off of it. Also, if you don't use a program installed, uninstall it! That really doesn't clear up much HD space, but it does speed computers up a bit. Otherwise, try reinstalling the browsers! Mabey it didn't work right the first time! If all fails, I agree, bring it to the Genius Bar at the Apple Store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.