Archive and Install crashes constantly on second disk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook
I've had a rough couple of days with my iBook. After a standard security update from Apple, I restarted my iBook, and after typing my password to login, I get a message to the effect of "getty:/dev/console: operation not supported by device." After trying everything possible, and browsing dozens of forums, I decided to Archive and Install off the original OS X disk, just to get it working again. Well, the first time, the install program ran fine, but after logging in, I was stuck with only a blue screen and the pointer and nothing else loaded. So, I tried Install and Archive again, but this time when it asks for the second DVD, it constantly crashes. The log says "PFPackage::packageWithURL - can't instantiate package" followed by the names of various programs (Pages, iWork) it's trying to install. I absolutely cannot quit out of this program. Restarting doesn't work, I can't use Disk Utility. The only thing I can do is let it keep crashing and reopening the Installer. It must be a problem with the disk, but short of getting a new one from Apple, is there anything I can do? ;D ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This has happened to me once or twice in my life. Unfortunately when the system failed to boot after the first A&I the installation was probably never completed. As such the second A&I can't find a valid system to Archive and then Install a new one. The system is basically stuck. Assuming you can boot from the CD/DVD still, you may have to do a clean install vice an A&I. This means you will lose everything on your disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I answered this in your other thread, please don't post the same question in multiple sections, it's confusing and unhelpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I answered this in your other thread, please don't post the same question in multiple sections, it's confusing and unhelpful.

I agree with you, but his post count = 1. If he had posted in another thread it would = 2, unless the staff removed the other one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I agree with you, but his post count = 1. If he had posted in another thread it would = 2, unless the staff removed the other one.

Maybe so then.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.