Sometimes I can't change to landscape keyboard, and sometimes I can't zoom.

V

Volt

I've noticed that sometimes, like while using Safari to surf the internet, when I have to type something and the keyboard comes up, if I rotate the iPhone the keyboard will not switch to landscape mode like it usually does. The odd thing is that if I get rid of the keyboard, then go back to the webpage and rotate the iPhone into landscape mode, then pull up the keyboard again- then the keyboard will be landscape. Why is that?

I've also noticed that on Gmail's mobile website I can't use two fingers to zoom in or out like most websites, why is that?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Sorry we do not know. Try restoring your firmware.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
One thing for sure is not all applications on the iphone allow using your two fingers to make the screen zoom in or out. If it's in Safari it should though.

You might want to try a restore. Mine always goes into landscape keyboard mode (mine is a 3g). Sometimes it's not instant and might take 1-2 seconds if a lot is going on, but the keyboard always does go landscape. This is in Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.