• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Is this picture fake?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
Looks really cool!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
going towards fake... Why would you set up a shot of such a vast expanse and yourself not being centered in the shot..
The focusing looks as if its true to real time.. then again you look at bottom left of the squirrel and the coloring seems to be out on his fur
Mmmmmmmm undecided

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Primarily because the first thing they teach you in any photography class is to not center the subject. Shots with centered subjects tend to be boring as they do not cause your eyes to naturally move across the image. The composition would have sucked with the two people in the center.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Primarily because the first thing they teach you in any photography class is to not center the subject. Shots with centered subjects tend to be boring as they do not cause your eyes to naturally move across the image. The composition would have sucked with the two people in the center.

Shows im not a photographer then lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MacBook - 2.16GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD iPhone Specs: white 3GS - 32GB
I vote that it's real. Let me explain: I simply zoomed in really close to the whiskers area via ctrl+scroll, and quickly looked over and found no "mistakes"
I think it might be real.
But in general, if you have to ask, it is fake.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
I say fake. You would not center because

1.) Center composition is LAME.

2.) They probably wanted to get some of the mountain scene in.

But what are the odds of the rodent popping up right smack in the center? I saw very little.

And why would the camera still be focusing after they set the timer? It shouldn't be.

Also, How could they have not noticed the rodent popped into their photo? It obviously didn't just get into the frame, as there would be motion blur. Those things can hardly stand still, also, so I don't think it would be so crisp.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
If it were a digital camera there is very little control between button press and picture take and at their distance even eyeballing squirrel it would be difficult to be sure if it was in the pic - Camera should focus just before shutter release hence squirrel in focus and them being not quite in focus. Real is my guess.

Reaction score
I'd say it is real. The chances of it happening are small, but it isn't impossible as far as I know and it would be really really hard to fake it in this quality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I would say real, especially since the critter seems to have caused the autofocus to focus on him

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
And why would the camera still be focusing after they set the timer? It shouldn't be.

Also, How could they have not noticed the rodent popped into their photo? It obviously didn't just get into the frame, as there would be motion blur. Those things can hardly stand still, also, so I don't think it would be so crisp.
That depends entirely on the camera and the settings... it could quite possibly still be focusing.

In a scene that sunlit, the shutter speed would probably be around 1/4000 of a second. No matter how fast these things seems to move, getting one in sharp focus in an area that well lit wouldn't be too hard.

I think it's real.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In a scene that sunlit, the shutter speed would probably be around 1/4000 of a second. No matter how fast these things seems to move, getting one in sharp focus in an area that well lit wouldn't be too hard.

After doing some research on photography i agree with ^
Well i have now voted yes...
Crasher the squirrel is now a world wide internet phenomenon .... He is appering anywhere and every where..... Please let all no if this is faked
http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2009/08/17/1225762/824745-dtgall-crasher-squirrel.jpg

LMAO
I do believe the original post pic is the real deal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Stuffed squirrel?

Reaction score
Either it's real or these two poor bums need to get a life...:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
see sig...
BlueMac, you obviously have very little experience with small critters.

I see squirrels sit deathly still for as long as 3 minutes at a time while they are sniffing the air or doing whatever. If you require proof, I can leave my digital camera outside recording live for an hour to catch a squirrel sit dead still.

If they don't sit still for you, perhaps you should stop moving when you are near them. Undoubtedly their constant motion around you is a reaction to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I heard squirrels make a good stew, although it sounds really nasty =p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.