can you configure your mbp at an apple store

Reaction score
if i buy mbp pro at an apple store can i configure it like you do at their online store. i want a 13 inch 2.26ghz with a 500gb hd nd 4gb of ram.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
if i buy mbp pro at an apple store can i configure it like you do at their online store. i want a 13 inch 2.26ghz with a 500gb hd nd 4gb of ram.

Well you probably can...but then it might be just the same as ordering it at the Apple website...and then wait for it to be delivered.

On the other hand...if you mean, can you walk into a Apple Store & walk out with a custom configured computer...not sure, maybe someone else can cover that.

Of course there are those new inventions called "telephones" or "cellphones"...which allow you to call your nearest Apple store directly...and get a MUCH faster answer!!!;D

- Nick

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Just by the stock MBP that you want and buy the RAM and HDD from a third party vendor. Then install them yourself and save yourself quite a bit of money.

OP
L
Reaction score
Just by the stock MBP that you want and buy the RAM and HDD from a third party vendor. Then install them yourself and save yourself quite a bit of money.

someone recommended me to owc. now would i buy 1 4gb upgrade kit or a 2gb and add it to the 2 already in the macbook? and as for the hard drive im looking for something between 320-500gb...what would u recommend? 5400rpm or 7200rpm? and whats the best brand? keep in mind its for a 13inch mbp...thanks for your help...would putting in a 320 hd @ 7200rpm be too much on the battery? i was thinking.........

500GB Toshiba 5400RPM 9.5MM SuperSlim SATA Notebook Drive with 8MB Data buffer
and
4.0GB (2x2.0GB Kit) PC-8500 DDR3

it comes out to about 190...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
you want a 4gb upgrade kit. This will include 2 2gb sticks. You'll toss.. sell.. or store the 1 gb sticks that come installed. OWC is fine, Crucial too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Minis, iPhone 6/5S, iMac, Mac Book Pro
My view is for a purchase as important as this, you will want it configured exactly to your specs. Otherwise, down the road, you'll be sorry. Having said that, depending on what you want, I'd order through the web site. I doubt the stores would have a broad inventory to cover the various ways a base computer can be set up.

I just changed into a Seagate 320 GB 7200 rpm hard drive that I bought through OWC. My 2007 MBP came with a 120, 5400. It was easy to do. I earlier upgraded to 4 GB of RAM from Crucial.

Without a doubt, the one thing you need to buy at the outset is Apple Care. It will pay for itself when something goes inexplicably wrong. One other thing, buy the biggest and fastest you can afford. You never know how your computing needs will change once you get into a quality product from Apple.

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.