RAM on MacBookPro 2009

Reaction score
Ram on MacBook Pro Summer 2009

Is it possible to update the the RAM on the Summer 2009 MBP without voiding the warranty, also how about the video card?

OP
L
Reaction score
Can I update the ram on me new MBP from summer 2009 without voiding the warranty, how about the video card?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Can I update the ram on me new MBP from summer 2009 without voiding the warranty, how about the video card?

Can't do the video card...the video card on MBP are not upgradeable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
See a 'How To' guide in my sig.

Reaction score
chrismac, nice video. Once the new unformated HD with no OS is installed, how do I install the OS? Use the OS DVD? Will it boot and install using the OS DVD?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
chrismac, nice video. Once the new unformated HD with no OS is installed, how do I install the OS? Use the OS DVD? Will it boot and install using the OS DVD?

Yes & Yes. Yes you would install the OS with your Mac OS DVD...and yes you need to boot from the DVD.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 12 MBP 8gb ram, Crucial M4 SSD 512gb, Sandy Bridge i7
Not really, but Apple told me when I asked that any damaged caused by installing the new HDD would not be their responsibility. Also, if something happened the new HDD Apple is obviously not responsible. All HDDs come with their own warranties though.

Really, installing a new HDD is very easy. Ten minutes at most for physical intstall. The most important thing is having the right screwdrivers. OWC.com has a great HDD install video + they sell a perfect tool kit for the job as well.

You don't want to over tighten the screws when putting the bottom plate back on. Just be gentle and wise. It's fun :).

I installed a Hitachi 320g, 7200 rpm recently. I took a deep breath and took the plunge. Glad I did. Also upgraded the ram to 4gb. You can do it too!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.