• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Issues with Exporting a FCP sequence to QT mov.

Reaction score
I am trying to export a FCP sequence to a QT mov. but when the QT mov. is played back it is playing some of the audio way out of sync and some of the video is dropped and transitions seamlessly to the next scene. The other thing is sometimes it seems to play just fine but I need to compress it to MPEG and then it happens again when I play it on MPEG stream clip.
I hope I am explaining this okay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
How are you exporting it to a quicktime movie (steps you are taking)? What kind of Mac are you working on (processor and ram as well if you know)? What version of Final Cut are you using?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Iphone 3G 16GB
In my opinion exports made with compressor have less (if any) compression faults.

What are your sequence and Footage settings?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB DDR, 512GB, OSX 10.11.6
The other thing is sometimes it seems to play just fine

I don't see how this can be?
But may have misunderstood your post.
Your FCP which you exported to QT sometimes plays just fine?

If this was me, I'd check my QT player settings and updates before I went about altering my FCP comp settings.

Cheers, CB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (late 2008), OS 10.6.2, FCE 4.0.1, CS 1
And I would be sure to render the sequence before exporting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
At this point, it's all rather irrelevant, the OP hasn't been back in a month, and never replied to any statements made on the thread...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.