downloads folder on dock

Reaction score
how do i get it back??? i was dragging a downloaded folder to somewhere else, i think i saw a puff of smoke while dragging. now i can't find it anywhere. it wasn't in trash. there was some info in downloads folder i wanted to keep.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, late 2012 model, 21"
Open up the Finder. Go to your Home folder in the sidebar. Find the folder called Downloads. Click and drag it to the right side of the dotted line in the dock. You should be able to put it back there if you follow these steps.

If you like having the Downloads folder in your dock, you can also put files and other folders in the dock as well. Just make sure that when you place them in the dock, you do so on the right side of the dotted line. You can place applications on the left side of the line by simply dragging them to dock from the Applications folder.

OP
margaret438
Reaction score
thank you sooo sooo much. boy, did i break out into a cold sweat. when i did a search under finder for 'downloads folder', it said it couldn't be found. maybe i should have just searched for 'downloads'.

anyway, thank you for responding. i guess i really shouldn't clean out my emails this late/early in the morning. whew! 2 xs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.