iBook iChat

T

The Giver

I've been using iChat ever since I got my iBook about a year ago, and I am wondering, can you have an AIM Profile on iChat? I haven't ever figured that out yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yes you can. Just enter your aim screen name, type in your password and you're set.

Reaction score
The Giver said:
I've been using iChat ever since I got my iBook about a year ago, and I am wondering, can you have an AIM Profile on iChat? I haven't ever figured that out yet.

No, you can't. You can view AIM profiles though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Well if they are then its not enough to make apple change since its been this way since iChat was released

OP
J

Jefe3223

I got my AIM profile to work on ichat for awhile, so it IS possible. I had double signed on (ie. signed on AIM whilest on iChat). Then it showed up to my friends until about a three days later (odd timing, I think). So, yeah. Adium, anyone? Haha, sorry; shame-less plug. Um, I agree it's a hassle, but you could always just use aim, or I here good things of the "deadaim" addon. Hear it's a lot like ichat. If anyone has first hand use with it, let me know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.