I just installed a new hard drive in my macbook..

Reaction score
i have a late 07 macbook 2.1, ghz, 4gb ram, and just installed a new 250gb hd because other one went out. i dont have any of the disks or anything as i bought it used and the didnt have it. im thinking about buying leopard install disk from craigslist..is that all i would need? or would there be other disks i need besides the leopard install..? thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
As far as installing the Mac OS...yes the Leopard disk is all you need.

Obviously if you had other programs installed...you would need the disks for those applications as well.

- Nick

OP
V
Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply. i was asking because apple said something about defragmenting before doing so. but thank you.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you buy the discs used, make sure it is a black retail disc and not a grey disc. Otherwise, you may be left with an OS X disc that won't let you complete the install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.