ipod white screen

Reaction score
Hi all
i am a newbie
my mac ipod 30gb has suddenly got a white screen i cant do a thing with it.
when i hold the middle and menu buttons down it comes on but then there is this wherring sound as if its coming on then its stops as tho its stuck. iv also held the middle and left buttons down i get this ping sound as i am told you should , but then that noise again . occasionally a song will play via headphones and docking station but its the same song . plugged it into laptop and nothing. plz can you help!!! :[ :[ :[
jools43

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
Is it an older iPod?

If it makes a strange sound it might be the little hard drive inside acting up, however it is hard to say anything for sure.

Seems like you have done the things you should do when it starts acting up. Maybe someone else have other suggestions other than bringing it in for service?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Give it a gentle tap on the side. Seriously, my 60 GB pod gets stuck sometimes and a gentle tap on my knee gets it going.
It's a sticking HD. Not much you can do to fix it, but this may work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.