XM or Sirius

V

Volt

I am planing on buying an iPhone 3GS 16G, one of the reasons is because I need a satellite radio for my vehicle and I heard the iPhone could do this for me (two birds, one stone). I would like to listen to Opie and Anthony and Ron and Fez which are played on both XM and Sirius.

Is this true, will I be able to get satellite service? Anyone use it? Opinions?

One more question, since I'll only be listening to talk shows, will the iPhone's speaker play loud enough to listen in the car? If so, I could save $150 on an interface device and just listen thru the iPhone.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
It is more of a web service vs. satellite service when used on the phone. You may want to check to make sure, but O&A may not be available with this as it is not when you log in from a PC. The explicit channels are excluded totally I believe. The new iPhone app also requires an add on to your account for extra $$$.

Having a dedicated radio will be much better than using the built in iPhone speakers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I agree totally. Get an actual satellite radio or just use something like Slacker from the iPhone.

OP
V

Volt

I see. I checked out their website, I don't see anything about Opie and Anthony or Ron and Fez. That's really all I would want satellite radio for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
You won't find that on there. Like the previous poster said, make sure they can even be streamed. You might have to have an actual radio to listen to them.

OP
V

Volt

I checked XM and Opie and Anthony and Ron and Fez are broadcasted thru the iPhone App.

Does anyone have any actual experience listening to the XM Sirius iPhone App? If so, how is it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
I listed to it all the time through pockettunes because the sirius app isnt available in canada yet, it works alright.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.