The Iphone

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have been looking at the Iphone for a while is it a good phone if anyone has it?

And also I will not go onto 02 contract because I was with them before and they said I was phoning people in poland when I wasnt, I dont know anyone in Poland...
Can you buy these unlocked and how much would it be roughly, I only want the older Iphone not the new 3Gs.

Thank you
Angela

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
*** Moved to correct forum. Does not belong in Anything Goes. ***

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I've got the 8G iPhone 3G and it's an awesome phone. From the sounds of it, you're in Europe, so I can't give you numbers or anything. In the US, I bought the phone unlocked off Ebay and used my existing AT&T service without extending my contract.

This was before the 3GS came out, so the 8G 3G was about $400 and 16GB 3G was about $600. I think they've come down since then.

There are three members of the iPhone family, iPhone (original/2G), iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS. You most likely want to go with the iPhone 3G at the least to enjoy the faster speed. The 3GS has some nice features that are lacking on the 3G, but it all depends on whether you're ging to use those features.

After using my iPhone for the past 6 months or so, it's just amazing how nice it is and being able to add all sorts of applications is a nice thing..

Regards

OP
A
Reaction score
thanks for that info i have just recieved my macbook pro today and love it and wish i got one earlier :)

but because i got that i cant afford the Iphone just yet, but i am working on my dad been on ebay and they are about £200 unlocked now for the 3G 8gb one, which if i am right about what i ahve been reading they are no longer making anymore....

And yes i am in Europe if it was on any other network apart from 02 i would have got one, but at the mo im on orange and unlike 02 they havent said i ahve been phoning people in poland....

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Ahh, have fun with your MBP. I believe they are no longer making the 3G and focusing on making the 3GS only, so you'll have to either get old inventory from the Apple stores or buy it off ebay..and if you wait a little bit when the 3GS is really flooding the market, the 3G will be down right cheap..:)

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
Yeah the iPhone's are great the best phone I've ever come across, but how come they're so expensive in the U.S.? In Canada before 3GS 8GB 3G was 200 and 16GB 3G was 300. Now the 8GB 3G is 100. And according to rumors a new 100 dollar 3GS is on the way (8GB).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.