Onyx reports problem, but Disk Utility does not?

Reaction score
First post, so hi guys ;)

I'm a mac newbie, but generally well versed in IT.

I've run Onyx on my old Emac running 10.4 and it claims the disk needs repairing and suggests booting form the disc and running Disk Utilities, so I did......

DU says all is well and can't find any problems at all. The mac appears to run fine, but I'm a stickler for perfection.....

It is a fresh install on a 400gb HD which has always worked fine. I haven't yet patched it to 10.4.11, don't know if this could cause a flase report?

Anyway, does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance

:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Take notice of Disk Utility which was run from the bootable OS disc? If the machine is running sweetly all is well. Now update to X.4.11. Suggest downloading from the Apple web site rather than Software Update if you have concerns. Here is the link and trust you are on cable/DSL as it is 180MB:-

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (PPC)

OP
A
Reaction score
Take notice of Disk Utility which was run from the bootable OS disc? If the machine is running sweetly all is well. Now update to X.4.11. Suggest downloading from the Apple web site rather than Software Update if you have concerns. Here is the link and trust you are on cable/DSL as it is 180MB:-

Mac OS X 10.4.11 Combo Update (PPC)

Thanks man, it was the fact that I hadn't updated to .11 yet, something to do with a component that Onyx needed to report correctly.

The old Emac is running really well now, fitted a LG DVDRW, 2gb RAM, and a 400gb 7200rpm drive earlier, few teething problems but running as quick as it ever will now :D

Thanks again for the help ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.