Thinking of buying a Time Capsule

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 3GS & iPhone4 Factory Unlocked.
Hey guys, i found a good deal on 1TB time capsule here, i am new to mac and i have had an imac and now macbook pro 13". Im only left with macbook pro now so my question is, is it worth buying time capsule? What are the advantages of having it? I have two other windows laptops and one windows desktop, is it compatible with all? Does time capsule act as a wireless router as well? I dont know anything about time capsule so any help or tip would be great, TIA :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
TC is a router, a HD and a wireless router as well. New units are dual antenna which means 802.11n for laptops and imacs while at the same time 802.11g for iPhones and Printers. Basically one piece of equipment for a bunch of functions. Is it worth buying? - how long is a piece of string.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so my windows computers will also work with it flawlessly? There is one local for 240. Its the new 1tb one. is that a good deal?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
so my windows computers will also work with it flawlessly? There is one local for 240. Its the new 1tb one. is that a good deal?

I wouldn't even tell you it will work with your Mac's "flawlessly".

Don't believe I've ever seen the piece of computer related hardware function "flawlessly".

If you're really looking for "flawless", I'd suggest looking somewhere other than computer gear.

$240? I wouldn't pay $240 used for one and I have a 1TB Time Capsule.
You can get a refurbished 1TB from Apple for $249 and have a full one year warranty from Apple.
$200 used? - maybe - if I needed a router also.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
flawlessly i meant with no problems lol, its actually new in box.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There's no such thing as NIB buying from an individual- don't care what they say, it's used as soon as they walked out of the store with it.

However, if it still has 10-11 months of the original warranty and is the new version TC and not the previous model, at a 20% discount, that would be a decent price. Any more than that and I'd pay for a new one myself.

(flawlessly - no problems - same thing - I've owned over 50 computers along with the modems, routers, printers, scanners and everything else that goes along with them over the last 28 years (built maybe another 100 and did tech support for 2+ years). If you are using your equipment, there is not a device made that is not going to provide some sort of headache during or at the end of it's lifetime.

Having said that, I have as yet to have any issues with my TC over the last year and 1/2. However, only a salesman would guarantee you'll not have any problems.)

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thanks for confirming bob, I dont really NEED it, im a electronic freak so i buy everything i like lol. Thanks :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.