Possible to create multiple users but keep same set up?multiple logins under one user

Reaction score
Hey all this is my first post and if this has already been discussed please forgive me. I have used the search quite a bit but really don't know how to word what I am asking therefore I am not running across the info I am trying to find.

This setup I am trying to create is for our church media computer. We have 7 different people that are involved in our media team at the church. I would like for each person to have their own personal login, which I can easily do just adding a seperate account for each individual, but here is where my problem lies.

We use ProPresenter as our main program for media. Within that program I have about 70 gigs worth of motion backgrounds, pics, videos etc. My issue is whenver I create a seperate account for each person, It is wanting me to reinstall pro-presenter (it is there in each account but it is asking me to input the username and insert my code for each one), meaning that I would have to reinstall everything that I have taken time to set up for the one main account. However worse than that I don't have the room nor think I should by an external hard drive to hold 70 gigs worth of stuff repeated 7 times just to have seperate user accounts. We like to try and keep each login seperate that way we know who has done what and everyone can kind of set it up the way they like it, however is there anyway, to allow the ProPresenter I have set up on the main administrator account to be accessible and usable by each individual account, or if not is there a way to create multiple logins under just one account?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
This is a very specialized piece of software. Would think you'd find better help for this at their forums.

Surely you won't be the first one to ask this question there since they only develop Mac software.

OP
J
Reaction score
thanks for your help. I hadn't checked there yet, since I was speaking about multiple logins on the actual mac osX not on the propresenter program itself. I was just talking about propresenter to explain what I am trying to create. So still if anyone has any info on being able to do multiple users under one login I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your help and I will also do research at the propresenter forums as well.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
My only question would be, where are you installing it? In the main Applications folder located in MacIntosh HD or in each users Applications folder?

I would "assume" that the backgrounds, pics, vids, etc you're talking about are add-ons and other modifications that most programs are set up to allow the individual user to set their own preferences and would be stored in the user accounts. That's where checking in with the developers to find out if there is a preference that would enable you to change the location for those type of things so that they're all stored in a shared folder instead of under the individual user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Could you do it the other way - have one log in and user but separate password protected folders for each of the individual users to keep THEIR stuff in?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.