iPhone and BlackBerry Tour

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a new BlackBerry Tour. It has a SIM card in the back of the unit. Want to know if this SIM card will indeed work in a Apple iPhone. I believe that the Tour is working on the GSM network.

Anyone with any thoughts on this, please let me know either here on this forum or by email. [email protected]

Thanks.

James

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
If it is a Verizon Tour it is not using the SIM. My Storm has a SIM but it is not used for anything. It is still using the Verizon standard and has the SIM slot for global use. The phone could be unlocked to allow AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. to work in the phone. Putting the Verizon SIM into an iPhone will not work.

Reaction score
i didn't even know that verizon uses sims. as johncl said, i guess it's just used for the global use.. anyway, it wouldn't work in the iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I just wanted to add that the SIM is not active to any network when you get the phone. It can be removed and the phone will function fine. My Storm does not even have the Verizon SIM installed.

Let me know if you don't like that Tour and I'll trade you for an unlocked Storm! :D

OP
J
Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback about the SIM card in the Tour. That's not really the answer that I was looking for, but what are you gonna do? I'm locked into using Verizon. My BlackBerry is bought and paid for monthly by my company, and I really can't see the need to have a personal and business cell phone.

As far as the trade for the Tour and the Storm, thanks for the offer, but it was the Storm that I handed back to Verizon for the Tour. My Storm was constantly lock up and need to be rebooted about 4-5 times a day. It was about to take the trip out the window.

I told the techs at Verizon that my 'most advanced phone in the world' has become my 'most advanced pain in the a**'

Again, thanks for the input.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Yeah, the Storm trade was more of a joke. I am in the same boat. I am sick of pulling the battery, freeze ups, etc. I am off to Verizon this weekend to see what can be done. Hopefully it won't cost me too much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.