Can't Boot to osx cd

S

stall

I have a imac G4 1.25ghz, I just bought a Pioneer dvr-108 dvd burner for it and can't get it to boot from the cd, it always goes back the the harddrive. I have tried all the jumper setting I have put them on seperate cable (since the board has two ide connectors) and I have put them on the same cable. It shows up in the os, I can even click install os x and then it restarts but again goes to the harddrive. Does anyone know whats going on? Please Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Have you tried holding down C when you boot up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac 7200/75: Mac OS 7.6.1; iMac 233mhz Mac OS X 10.1.5; PowerBook 180c, Mac OS 7.5.3
It says it right on the CD: Hold down C key to boot up from CD. :D

OP
S

stall

Yes I have tried holding down the C key and also option-alt-shift-delete. Nothing

OP
S

stall

I forgot to mention, that sometimes it will start with a gray screen then go to another screen where it switches between the folder with the faces and the question mark folder for a few seconds then it goes to the screen with the apple, and proceeds to boot from the harddrive.

OP
S

stall

yea I have set it to boot to the cd. Do you know what the jumper settings SHOULD be? sould I put them on the same cable or use one for each drive and use both of the IDE connectors on the board?

OP
S

sonofapplepm

Don't know about jumper settings. I only have one extexternal drive. Sorry!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.