• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Image problems with iMovie09

Reaction score
I just completed my first movie using photos I took on a Las Vegas trip. I got everything edited just fine in iMovie 09 and then exported to iDVD. When I play the DVD, most pictures have a "waviness" around edges or in complex designs (kind of a moire effect). This is really annoying and makes a lot of the images look really bad and hard to view. Is there any way to solve this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13" 2.13GHz - Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB DDR2 Memory - 160GB HD - NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
That's something that comes with using the "Ken Burns" effect on patterns and viewing them on low res (DVD is 480p max) output.

Its tough, because you probably won't ever notice it until you've output it.
You can simply use no motion on the offending images or you can try opening them in an image editor and doing a subtle Gaussian blur on the specific areas that are waving. The latter may be tedious and destructive though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.