MacBook Pro question

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying a mac book pro, I saw this deal but still dont know if it's worth it.. it's kind of expensive still :( . Is this a good deal? and is it worth it in your opinion.. what is the pros between this and a smaller mac book?? I'm not too educated about Macs!

MacBook Pro at PC Mall

thanks ya'll!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Do you even need a 17" MBP?

Reaction score
if your new to mac why not start small and see if you like it........

i suppose it depends what you use it for.

OP
A
Reaction score
true

i could start off smaller.. but isn't that price a decent deal? It's going to end the end of them month (unless that's a common special that always occurs)... I tend to like larger screens as I do design work..

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
It's a decent deal. I don't do serious design work on a MBP screen that's for sure. >_>" The screen is not exactly accurate with colors. It's alright if you are designing a website because it's good to design on what people use to view website with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
If you know that you need a 17" pro machine, that's not a bad price, and the specs are really good. The anti-glare screen is preferable over the glossy (if anti-glare means matte). But only you know if you need that much power. A regular Macbook or a smaller Macbook Pro might suit your needs better. Will you be doing a lot of video production? Will you be needing a lot of processing power and a dedicated graphics card? Or will you just be emailing, using itunes and organizing photos? Are you looking for a desktop replacement that will be your media center.

If you don't know much about Macs, I'd suggest putting off buying one until you know more about what they can do and which will be most appropriate for you. You'll be able to find a good deal later if you look for one. You can find out about some of the main differences here:

Apple - Mac - Which MacBook are you? - Comparison Chart

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.