downloaded frostwire and then it would not open

Reaction score
okay so i just tried downloading frost wire and it went threw and downloaded but then it would not open. i tried restarting my computer and it asked if i wanted to force quit frostwire, i said yes and to continue. when it started up again the frostwire picture thing was no longer on the bottom of the screen( im new to mac). i wanted to delete it off my computer but the only place i could find it was in the dowloads thing. i dragged it to the trash can.

i guess the question would be. is that how i was suppose to delete it? because i want it off completely.

hope to get some help, thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
On a Mac, most software is distributed in DMG files. A DMG file is a disk image - think of it as a virtual CD-ROM. When you double-click on a DMG file, it's like inserting a disc in your drive. You open the virtual disc and your program is inside. If you want to install the program, you simply drag and drop it into the Applications folder. When you're done installing, you simply eject the virtual disc by dragging and dropping it into the Trash. From there on out, you can access the program by double-clicking it within the Applications folder.

In your case, it sounds as though you finished the first step, opening the virtual disc. Then you may or may not have opened the program, but you never actually took the extra step of installing it. Some time later, you dragged and dropped the DMG file into your trash and got rid of it.

If that's true, you're good to go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.