Erasing Hard Drive

Reaction score
Hey i've got a 13" white macbook. Lately i've had a lot of problems loading programs and recognizing disks, all due to the amount of B/S i have on my HD. So i am going to move all my pics/movies/music/docs over to another comp and completely erase my HD. My question is, i have two very important programs installed on my comp (i.e. Microsoft Office). Is it possible to save these programs to my mac hard drive and erase everything else so when i reinstall mac tiger os, that these programs will still be there?

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My question is, i have two very important programs installed on my comp (i.e. Microsoft Office). Is it possible to save these programs to my mac hard drive and erase everything else so when i reinstall mac tiger os, that these programs will still be there?

No. When you erase the hard drive, everything is erased. You can not selectively erase OS X and leave applications intact. Just make a backup of all your documents and user templates before you erase the hard drive. After you reinstall Tiger, reinstall Office from your original media. Don't forget to download and install any service packs or updates.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.