In Car iPod?

Reaction score
Hey,

I just got my first car.I'll be insured in it next week and want to get an adapter so can use the iPod in the car.

Or better still.... I have heard rumours of a car stereo that supports iPod... can anyone tell me is this true and where can I buy it as I live in Ireland?I would be interested in it if it was under 200 euro.

Which is best adapter/transmitter???

Thanks! :headphone

I

iDVFH.

The only car stereos (I think) that support iPods are new BMWS and a few others..but I could be wrong

OP
I
Reaction score
Cool, but I just bought a Pioneer CD head for100 so....which fm transmitter is best??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
iRock said:
Cool, but I just bought a Pioneer CD head for100 so....which fm transmitter is best??

hi

itrip - is fine for me

but check the irish government transmitter rules as its outlawed in GB

regards

P

PowerbookG417

itrip sucks....sorry folks who do like it...could be the country where you live..get to a major city and the itrip is junk...

depending on the model of your stereo you have a couple options...if you have a Aux input use that, or if you have a CD changer input you can use that as well

if you have the cd changer input which alot of stereo's do have you'll need an adapter like this http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HsoAox...234650&I=469PIOPAUX&search=cd+changer+adapter

that will allow you to use your cd changer port to get an aux port...then get a cable like this http://www.radioshack.ca/estore/Pro...Shack&category=Cable+Adapters&product=4202481
now at this point you can just plug this cable into your ipod...which will work and will sound good..but to wrap it all up i would suggest to get this from belkin http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProd...=&Section_Id=201526&pcount=&Product_Id=149006

you plug the audio cable from the pie connector into the belkin base and then run the ipod dock cable to the pod where ever you want it to be...that way you can charge your pod and listen to music

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
PowerbookG417 said:
itrip sucks....sorry folks who do like it...could be the country where you live..get to a major city and the itrip is junk...

Hi

yours is just a sweeping statement - disagree itrip is fine by loads of folk plus you dont have wires everywhere

better still move to the country LOL

kind regards

D

derm318

I have tried iTrip in 2 cars and in one home radio and all i get is a scratchy sound, far inferior to my normal FM reception around town.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
My moms got a bmw and shes got the ipod thing and with MY i pod it sounds like **** but hers sounds great...werid?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I've heard more bad things than good about the iTrip (as well as the other FM transmitters). Maybe it's because I'm in a major metro area with little open space on the FM band.

I have to second what Powerbook says: I have the PIE adapter in my Passat and it sounds incredible. My teenaged daughter hijacks the connection sometimes and plugs her Shuffle into it, too.

P

PaRaGoNViCtiM

I have a Volkswagon Jetta with an Alpine head unit (CDA-9851) and the Alpine-iPod interface. It is incredible. The sound quality is absolutely AMAZING! Nothing can compare to the sound on the adapter. I've tried all the FM transmitters, and believe me, you can't even compare them to the interface. Pioneer now also makes an interface for the iPod. There is also something called "iCruize". That can hook up to your current head unit. I don't know if the sound is as good? I heard it was pretty close to the sound quality from the interfaces, but no stereo can compare to an Alpine. I hope I helped.

Reaction score
I just hardwired an RCA input into my stock head unit, then hooked it to a belkin autokit. I also bought a cradle from Proclipusa.com and a VSM mount from pro-fit-intl.com. I just set my iPod in the cradle, then plug the one cable from the AutoKit into it so it is connected to my stereo and charges. Better sound quality than an FM modulator.

P

PaRaGoNViCtiM

I have an Alpine head unit the CDA-9851 to be exact. I also have the Alpine iPod interface and of course my 40GB iPod Photo. The sound is AMAZING!! I've tried every FM transmitter known to man, I also even had the Aux input connection on my Panasonic Head unit. The sound was terrrible. So I decided to invest in the ALpine iPod Hook-up. ANd let me tell you I don't regret a thing. If you heard the sound of the Alpine hook-up, you would buy it in a second. I control my iPod thru my head unit, which is just so convienent. I would totally recommend it to anyone. No, iTrip or FM modulator can compare.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.