CD won't eject.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo
I have a black Macbook 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo. My son inserted a CD (I think it was a CD of some sort from his mother's HP desktop) and I cannot get the CD to eject. It does not even show an icon for the CD on the desktop. Any help for me here before I take it to a repair place to have it "surgically" removed? I have restarted it and have held down the eject button for as long as a minute, but to no avail. Thanks for your help...

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Give this a quick read.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
Yeah, I'd try holding down the left mouse button (or the single button on uni-button Mac's) while powering the machine up, it forces the firmware of the Mac to make the drive eject regardless if a disc is registering or not. but the link vansmith suggested has that as first to try, usually works in most cases when a disc goes in awkwardly and doesn't register as being in the drive.

Reaction score
Hold down F12. That usually works for me after all else fails, including the eject button.

I miss the old manual eject buttons.

Konan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.