Dropped my iPhone in my drink

Reaction score
OK, so I was enjoying a weekend in Atlantic City, and was pregaming and accidently dropped my iPhone in my drink. It didn't shut off immediately, the music of my iPod was playing and the music was still playing but got muffled, so I got a hairdryer and tried to dry it off and we went out and i set it on the heater all night long.

Long story short, the phone was somewhat working this morning and but then it shut off and wouldn't take a charge on a car charger. I got home and now the apple logo screen keeps blinking when its plugged into my wall charger...

I have the apple care plan, and I just got this phone about a month ago. Is there anything I can do to save my beloved iPhone? Please HELP!? Is there any hope?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Applecare is not going to cover damage from liquid. It will be evident once it is opened up. This one is going to be on you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Your just going to have to buy a new one.

OP
N
Reaction score
Since I just bought it about a month ago, will i still be able to get the 3G at the $100 price I originally got it for?

No tricks to alleviate water damage? Is it lost cause?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Nope, no "tricks". It is more than likely a lost cause and you will probably have to pay full price for the new one. The short time that you have had it does not even come into play.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What do you mean full price? Is $100, full price for the 8GB 3G?

No. $100 is the price for signing a new contract or extending a contract if your eligible. Full retail price is a lot more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
What do you mean full price? Is $100, full price for the 8GB 3G?

Well, you bought that phone with a new contract right? Now, you need a new phone and are not eligible for an upgrade, so you will more than likely not get the discounted price. I may be wrong, and hopefully someone will correct me if so.

As with most carriers just because you need a new phone because you broke your current one doesn't mean that you are going to get one at advertised prices.

I would guess that you will be well into $100's of dollars for a replacement.

OP
N
Reaction score
So, I won't be elligible to renew my contract since I bought the phone such a short amount of time ago?

What am I looking at for getting a new one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
You just signed a contract, you can't get another one to get a cheaper phone. How about you call and find out what it is going to cost you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So, I won't be elligible to renew my contract since I bought the phone such a short amount of time ago?

What am I looking at for getting a new one?

No you just signed/renewed the contract. Why will they let you renew it again if its only about a month in.

Like suggested call and ask how much it will cost for a retail iPhone. Go into an Apple Store or go to a ATT store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't hold your iphone over your drink? Haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I'm just curious, what were you drinking? :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.