Safari Page Loading Problems

Reaction score
Hi all,

Lately I've been having problems with Safari completely loading web pages that I try to go to. Pages will start to load and then hang before finishing, and in some cases (such as trying to go to blogs on blogger.com) the page will not load at all...

I've downloaded and run Onyx to try to clean up my cache, but this didn't seem to solve the problem. I'm running Safari 4.0.1 on OS X Leopard.

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's not a Safari problem. It either has to do with your connection or possibly poor DNS response. Check with your ISP first to see if all your settings with them are OK. Correct anything that may be out of kilter. If that doesn't help, post back and we can try getting you hooked up with OpenDNS.

Regards.

Reaction score
I got the same problem as Cheezhead and I don't have that problem with Firefox.

When I download a page by entering the URL it works fine. When entering a page via a link, sometimes it works, a lot of times I get a white page only.

It's a problem that I didn't have earlier.

Reaction score
I'm having the same problems with safari since the update to version 4. Wish I hadn't bothered.
Aren't updates supposed to improve things?

Reaction score
Another problem I have with the latest stromash, is that it keeps hanging. I'm busy scrolling down a page, and it'll just hang for about 5 seconds and the little colourful wheel starts spinning. WHY?

It's like the more time goes on, the worse this leopard OS gets. It worked great when I first got this thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2
I'm having the same problem now with most pages in Safari (but not Mac-forums).

What happens is the page looks complete but the grey spinning thing at the end of the address bar keeps working, telling me that Safari hasn't fully loaded the page or the Loading information in the Status Bar tells me that some items are still being loaded. These things don't resolve and continue indefinitely.

Firefox loads fully and reasonably quickly.

I'm thinking of switching either back to Firefox or giving Chrome a go as it seems quite highly rated.

I'm using Safari 5.0.3 on Snow Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2013. OSX 10.9. 8Gb mem, 3.6 GHz 750Gb HD. iPod Touch 2009. AppleTV2
Actually i've noticed something different about the way Firefox and Safari display this page.

Safari has some of the text of the postings indented like there's a missing picture and Firefox has all of the text neatly to the left of the box of the posting.

And the "Stumble this post" message doesn't appear in (my) Safari.

Does that mean the original Mac-Forum format was designed for Firefox?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.