Help on old Power Pc Mac

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am a Mac user, my friend has an 4 year old Power Pc Mac.
We just added 1 gb of ram but is still very slow.

Since he lost the original mac cd to re install everything, can someone suggest a few free softwares that would clean the computer as well as some tips on how to give a boost on that old but reliable computer?

Thank you all!
:Smirk:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi All,

I am a Mac user, my friend has an 4 year old Power Pc Mac.
We just added 1 gb of ram but is still very slow.

Since he lost the original mac cd to re install everything, can someone suggest a few free softwares that would clean the computer as well as some tips on how to give a boost on that old but reliable computer?

Thank you all!
:Smirk:

Welcome!

There are many, many, many PowerPC computers out there.

In fact the first PowerPC computer was released in 1996 and the last one in 2006! That's 10 years worth of computers!

So as you can see, it might be helpful if you posted specific model info & specifications other than it is 4 years old.

As far as a speed boost. A good number of the PowerPC Mac's had processor upgrade options...but many of them may be more expensive to purchase than your PowerPC Mac is worth.

But knowing what model PowerPC Mac you have will help out a lot in figuring out what processor upgrades are available for it, how much ram you can put into it, and what version of the Mac OS to upgrade it to.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Seriously though, I would strongly suggest using the Forum Search for software suggestions.

Almost any question you can come up with has already been asked and answered here.
Using Search will get you your answers... in many cases, it will get you the answer in less time than it takes to create a new post.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Almost any question you can come up with has already been asked and answered here.

Very very true!

So what's Mac OS 12.0.0 going to be like!!! ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.