Creating Simple Web Page

Reaction score
I am looking for a program/ application to create a simple web page to advertise my business. My system is OS X 10.4 Tiger. It seems that Tiger is no longer supported by programs such as iLife. Can someone point me to a solution? Thanks!

T

todd51

Well if your new to creating web pages, a lot of hosting companies have pre-made templates to help you start out your business that require no coding skills at all. There is also iWeb for the Mac, but I don't think that's a good application for a business. If Dreamweaver is too expensive and complex for you, you can try out Rapidweaver, I hear it's a pretty good alternative.

Reaction score
i would sugest trying to learn html or use a program similar to dreamweaver which is free search for nvu completely free no coding skills required

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
i would sugest trying to learn html or use a program similar to dreamweaver which is free search for nvu completely free no coding skills required

Thanks for the link...I'm always interested in free stuff.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6

I agree. While using WYSIWYG is simple and requires no coding at all, there is NO good alternative to good-old HTML codes. Any WYSIWYG editor will put all kinds of unneeded junk in your web pages, and potentially make it take up MUCH more space than actually needed. Until someone invents the WYSIWYG editor that writes HTML in the same way as a person, I'll stay away from them:)

Reaction score
Go to a host like 1&1. they have simple page templates or you can customize
your page. If you can type and import graphics you can build your page.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.