bug behind screen

Reaction score
No this is not a joke. I have a 17" macbook pro just over a year old. There is a bug in between the glass and the screen. I saw it crawling, thought it was on the surface. shut down the laptop and went to clean the screen. Only to find it is stuck between the glass and screen.

Is there any way to remove the glass screen without dismantling the whole laptop. If not where can I find detailed instruction on how to get into this?

Thanks
Dave

Reaction score
bring it to the genius bar.. if they replace it for a peice of dust, im sure there's no difference between a bug and dust

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Is there any way to remove the glass screen without dismantling the whole laptop. If not where can I find detailed instruction on how to get into this?

Thanks
Dave
No, not really.

This link will help you get the display separated from the base, but doesn't go so far as to dismantle the display itself.

Personally, as distracting as it might be, I think your best bet would be to just wait it out.
It somehow found its in there... it will eventually find its way out again.

Reaction score
Are you on psychedelics? lol jk

Of course, just take it to the Apple store. Do not try dismantling the screen, too must risk involved.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Take a screen shot. I want to see.

:p

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
No this is not a joke. I have a 17" macbook pro just over a year old. There is a bug in between the glass and the screen. I saw it crawling, thought it was on the surface. shut down the laptop and went to clean the screen. Only to find it is stuck between the glass and screen.

Well I'm going to guess this situation doesn't get posted too often on the forums! ;D

As far as just the wait & see approach...the problem is what if the bug "croaks" somewhere on the screen?...but let's hope it crawls out before it croaks!

- Nick

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Wow that's pretty awesome. It's like a screen saver. >_>" While you work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.