Windows XP No Sound?

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm running windows XP on my macbook pro using boot camp and everything works great. Although for some reason, i have no sound when running XP. Any Ideas?

Thanks in Advance for all the help!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you installed the drivers? If not, it is likely that sound isn't working because it lacks the proper drivers.

Is the sound device recognized in device manager?

Reaction score
My sound started working just by installing the drivers, which I did by inserting the OS X.5 install CD. When the CD is inserted into a Windows operating system, the Setup program that shows up when you open the CD is designed to install Bootcamp and any relevant drivers on Windows. This should fix the problem, although sometimes there are a few additional fixes needed to get iSight or your Wireless card working.

I would recommend checking out this article: How To: Get Vista Up And Running On Boot Camp | MacApper

Even though it says it is for Vista, it covers how to install drivers off the CD.

Another article that I thought looked pretty good, but I didn't end up needing to use (it is more XP specific whereas I was installing Vista): How do I install Windows XP on my Mac using Boot Camp? :: Free Tech Support :: Ask Dave Taylor!®

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.