Comparing Mac and PC: Price Difference

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
Hey guys! I am looking into buying a Mac and thought I should compare the value with a PC. I am comparing the 13 inch Apple MacBook Pro (2.53GHZ, 250GB HDD, 4GB DDR3 Ram) with an HP Pavillion DV7T Series with specs just like the Mac, if not worse, this is what the price came to. First it asks for a colour/cosmetic selection, I'll leave it with the standard. Then the OS, Mac OS X Leopard is already much better than Windows Vista Home Premium and Business so I'll put it to Windows Vista Businness since it is the max option (64-Bit). The processor was an Intel Core 2 Duo Processor with 2.53GHZ (same as selected Mac), even that is L2 Cache. The ram had to be 4GB Ram (same as selected Mac), but even that was DDR2. The HDD was upgraded to 320GB so the PC beat us there. Even the graphic card was a 512MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530. Also there screen resolution was a bit better but I think the Mac screen is better quality (from my experience). The PC also had a notch better bonus, a LightScribe feature. The Webcam option was the same. The Mac has a Back-Lit keyboard which the PC does not. They're offering a free calculator (really fascinating-lol). The PC needs tons of Virus Recovery programs, the Mac is virus free. The Mac comes with iLife '09 which is better than the Corel PaintShop Pro X2 and Roxio Creator 2009 the PC requires to keep up with Mac (even then iLife '09 is better). Then after everything the PC comes in at $1556.98, even with all those minus sides with the Mac. While the Mac is $1499.00 We also know the Mac is better performance wise and cosmetic wise, and it is easier to setup. Just thought I'd let anyone looking to but a PC or a Mac what they should really get (I know this is really long).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Tom's Hardware Site did a cost comparison some time ago. The bottom line is when you find a PC that has the same or close to specs that a typical Mac has, the prices are very similar.

Link to article.

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah that's totally true but what I was getting at was that the Mac value is much higher. I always feel good when I realise/find out that what I got had a higher value for less. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Of course the real Bad news is - whatever you buy, a few days after you get it up and running a better model will appear on the market.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah that is when I feel dissapointed, but I guess it still doesn't mean that whatever I got was a piece of garbage, but I after a new model comes out, I always want the new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.