Need Automator Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I want to use Automator to make a note clipping utility. It should open a new or existing TextEdit file, then append the contents of each Copy to the Clipboard while it's running. It should separate each clipping with a Return. When finished, I should have a Text file with chronological sequential text clips tracking the Copy commands during my session.

So far, I have been able to get Automator to originate and open the TextEdit file, get and set the contents of the clipboard to the file, and set the Return between clips. What I can't figure out is:

1. How to get Automator to loop back to a specified location within the automated process. It keep looping all the way back to the beginning and opening a second file for the second clip;

2. How to get automator to wait for a subsequent Copy command before resuming its routine.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.