Macmini startup problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook | Black | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor | 2 GB RAM | 250 GB Hard Drive | Leopard 10.5
when i first bought my Macmini it works smoothly.

now , it took so long to startup.
and a weird picture shows up when i turn it on.

307x5vn.jpg

then everything runs.. but it's VERY SLOW.

after the startup, it works fast and smooth...so the problem in the startup and that weird photo!

i tried disk utility and there is no failure in the main hard disk.

i think i have mention
it's the new line of Macmini
runs leopard 10.5.8
about 111 GB used.
80 GB free space

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What applications are starting automatically when your Mini boots up? You can find out easy enough:

Open System Preferences, Accounts, Login Items. What's listed? Remove anything you don't need, or remove everything and add them back in one at a time until you find out which application(s) are causing the weird screen and the slowdowns.

Regards.

T

todd51

I believe the picture of the globe means your computer is trying to boot off of the network. Make sure your "N" key isn't being held down by anything.

OP
ibn_Hisham
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook | Black | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor | 2 GB RAM | 250 GB Hard Drive | Leopard 10.5
thank you guys (chscag & todd51).. i will check and tell you ASAP

OP
ibn_Hisham
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well it's WEIRD!
first chscag

i checked as you told me and there was only one app i dont think it's the reason.
so todd51 i check my keyboard and the "N" letter was normal. but i always keep the DSL cable on..so i just plugged off then i turn the MAC on...and guess what.. it runs BLOODY faster...
i think it's because of the DSL cable...i dont know why.
anyway...thank you guys

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If that Globe ever shows up again at Startup, when you get to the desktop, open System Preferences. Click on Startup Disk and click on the hard drive, click on restart and let it reboot.

That should take care of the issue. Like the other poster said it was trying to boot off the network.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.